Sunday, November 16, 2014

DATELINE TACHYCARDIA

Assalamualaikum

It had been pouring since Friday. The weather is very cold. The monsoon season has arrived.

I am in the middle of preparing my slides for my research proposal presentation. The dateline is this Wednesday. My SV asked all her supervisee to present to her and in front of small audience in 3 days time. I had been working since last Tuesday but the momentum just gets better when the dateline is near. haha.

Yesterday, I think it was the day that I worked really hard for the presentation. I've prepared the problem statement, the methodology, the dummy tables and the expected outcome. So, now I'm left with the LITERATURE REVIEW. Yup. Save the best at the last. haha. So, yesterday, I had to work hard because I have the facts in my head but my facts are not strong enough. When my husband asked questions about my research, I could answer him. But, without references, it sounded like "kelentong". haha. So, the hardest part has come and that is searching for the references.

I am actually still in the honeymoon state. I am still easy-going with my PhD. Thanks to the wake up call by my SV. Hopefully with having many datelines, it will motivate me to do work diligently, persistently, hardworkingly, smartly with preseverence and everythingelse that I am supposed to do to graduate on time (GOT) insyaAllah.

Bashirah, my partner in crime for PhD,  shared with me a FB post last night. She said it made her cry. I was focusing with my slide preparation, so, I kept it for reading this morning. You can read it at the http://bubblesintheocean.com/. My husband commented that a lot of things can happen while doing PhD. And I shouldn't be so stress. The depression, anxiety, panic attack, it could happen to any PhD students or even the undergraduate students. So, he asked me to take it easy while preparing the slide presentation. Just do it. The most important thing for this PhD is just to pass. Not to get a medal. Not to get number one. Just pass. InsyaAllah. Thanks Mr Hubby for understanding...

I wish my Sister Putri all the best in her future. She has inspired me and taught me that Allah is always there for us. The most importantly, life doesn't end in this world, but we have a lifetime to spend in the Akhirat that we should look after.

Good tips shared by the blog from Sister Putri and her husband:

GUIDANCE FOR MUSLIM’S PHD OR MASTER’S STUDENTS
I am preparing some slides to be shared with the postgraduate students here as part of the motivation to deal with PhD works. However, though the steps are followed, it is still not a guarantee to get a PhD but Insha Allah you’ll appreciate this journey and be grateful to ALLAH. These are some tips:
1. Develop passion, relate the studies to Allah’s knowledge
2. Effective Communication (Writing Skills, Communication Skills, Persuasive Skills, Presentation Skills)
3. Humility and Humbleness win the heart!
4. Organise, organise and organise -> self-discipline
5. Dhuha and Tahajjud prayers keep the momentum of the day
6. Fulfil the rights to the spouse, kids, family members and other people. PhD is a family affair!
7. Perseverance (Al-Baqarah: 286). Keep moving on and persistence!
8. Treat yourselves before moving on. Give a pat on your back -> Take pride of your work
9. If something went wrong, quickly ask forgiveness from Allah and always do ‘muhasabah’.
10. Accept for the fact that no matter how hard you try, if Allah didn’t want you to have it, Allah already made you ready to face the fact that you’ll not get it, but praise Him for the experiences that you encountered throughout the journey. Insha Allah, Allah already destined you for something greater.

patience, perseverance and play

Please make doa for me for this Wednesday! ;)

p/s: What's with the title? To stay awake and highly energetic, I drank a mug full with a packet of white coffee last night and my heart beat was tachycardic. Felt like dancing Zumba late last night. But, I drank lots of water and Alhamdulillah it subsided. hehe. Adios amigos.

References:

No comments: