Thursday, November 16, 2006

MY 1ST NIGHT SHIFT

Assalamualaikum...

SUAMI DEMAM, BINI PUN DEMAM
Yupp... I can't believe it myself... Suddenly, last night during Maghrib, I felt my body aching and warm... Was at my in laws's house because my father-in-law was not well yesterday. My husband had fever ad had to help my father-in-law at the same time. While he was with his father, I felt feverish... Chilling away.... (maybe I was so scared to go to hospital for night shift??? hehe) But I still went to work last night...

NIGHT SHIFT
Alhamdulillah, patients who came yesterday to the yellow and green zones were manageable. Actually in A & E, we have 3 zones... RED ZONE for severe patients and need closer observation... YELLOW ZONE for less severe patients and need to be observed for few hours and given few medications... GREEN ZONE for quite well patients and can be discharged home after we give medications...

Few of the cases I saw yesterday,
1. Foreign body inside the ear
A young lady came screaming away in the yellow zone for pain in the ear. There was a small bug flied into her ear while she was watching TV. I examined the ear, there was a BUG skeleton that I can see. Since I'm not sure what was the bug's name... But the mother kept on saying, "Ibu masuk, Hok ibu masuk." I didn't understand at all what was the "Ibu". When I asked again, she kept on saying "Ibu." (This is the usual fenomenan here in HKB... I don't understand what were they saying sometimes... hehe.)

Anyways, one of the MA helped me out. He said he will try to remove it. Alhamdulillah, he removed it... and the A & E Yellow zone was quiet suddenly... ;) I saw the bug out, it was about 1 cm with 4 legs... still not sure what's the name of the bug... When I asked my husband, he said probably "kabung." Macam2...

2. Unstable Angina
An old lady came with pain over the upper abdomen with vomiting. She had multiple problems before. When we did ECG, to show any abnormalities in the heart, it showed some abnormalities. I was not sure what was the changes in the ECG. So, showed to my senior MO. She said patient has Unstable Angina. We had to transfer patient to Red Zone. Cuak jugak masa tu... But, called Medical MO, and he came and review patient there and treat the patient by himself. I had to settle with the patients keep on coming in the Yellow Zone and Green Zone.

Overall, I think last night shift was quite ok, manageable... Alhamdulillah. My senior MO let me slept from 5am to 7:30am. Syukur Alhamdulillah... It was very cold in A & E. Have to bring sweater tonight... My Senior MO was clever to wear thick clothes with had gloves!!! :) I hope I can handle all the cases which come to A & E tonight. Ameen.. May Allah make it easy for me... Ameen....

MACAM MANA BOLEH KAWIN?
Popular lagi soalan ni... ;)
Abang pulak jawab la.. hehe

No comments: