Friday, February 23, 2007

SABAR UMMI...

Assalamualaikum,
Feeling of writing the blog tonight after listening YA THOIBAH song from the You Tube... Baby Caliph might be happy to listen to this song??? Keep moving in Ummi's tummy...
Ummi having some sort of cold maybe, nonstop sneezing from yesterday, each times 2. It's getting hot in Kelantan now.. Change of weather, I may be getting sick because of that...

Tonight, my husband's at work, oncall at OT Zamrud, mainly for caesarian section. He's an Anaesthetist. So, no friend to tell my story... I went to work at 3pm today and finished off at 10 pm. It was quite busy this evening. But what really pissed me off were the impolite patients... Expecting us doctors working at a government hospital to give service same like at private hospital!!! Excuse me... This is a government hospital. Please wait for your turn! As if other patients not sick... :(

What made me started of angry today was a daughter to a patient keep on bugging me her father is having abdominal pain. Actually, another doctor had seen the patient but she kept on asking me... Even after 2 injection of painkillers, still pain not resolved. So, I told the doctor who examined him. Then, the patient was given another injection, an opioid. Just few minutes after that, the daughter came back to me and told that her father still having the pain... I told her that the next injection will be given in the ward since patient will be admitted to the ward... *&@#^!* :(

Another patient, not telling proper story. Expecting me to know what actually happened. By saying "Dia keje kat sini, dia suruh datang kalau sakit jumpa dengan dia." Who is "dia"? Is there only one person working at the hospital??? SUBHANALLAH! Can't you tell your story and your sickness properly??? :(

And then another patient... He was referred from the Tendong Clinic for having fever and abdominal pain. History of having renal stones before. He was chilling and rigors because of the fever. Temperature was 39.5degree Celcius!!! I told him that I will give him medication. Suddenly he shouted at me,
"Doktor dari Tendong cakap ada batu karang masa buat XRay, dia suruh datang Hospital untuk buang batu tu. Takkan bagi ubat je, pastu nak suruh saya balik."

"Xray tu pakcik ada bawak tak? Doktor tu tak kasi sekali pun" I answered back.

"Tak tau. Tapi takkan nak suruh saya balik, tak payah masuk wad?" He asked.

"Pakcik, saya cakap saya nak bagi ubat sebab pakcik demam sampai menggigil ni, ada ke saya cakap pakcik tak payah masuk wad?" I was sure that that during time my voice could be heard by all the patients around there and also by some of the relatives because there was a period of silence for a while... I wanted to say more but then I straight away called the surgical MO oncall and asked him to review the patient. The MO said that the renal stones can't be removed tonight also... Well, I told the surgical MO to tell that himself because patient request for admission... I'm sorry Pakcik... :(

Astaghfirullahal'azim... Maybe that's why Baby Caliph moved a lot today because Ummi's blood pressure high???

I will miss my working days at A & E soon....

6 comments:

Edward Ott said...

very nice blog. very cute babies.

nicknacks said...

huhu.mcm2 kerenah patients kat msia ni rupenye.mana2 pon sama ek?ke ni org2 kat kota bharu je? ;).hehe.cuak la nk keje nanti :S.hehe.take care

Anonymous said...

sabor banyak2..;-)

Anonymous said...

BANYAK BERSABAR, ANGGAP LER KERJE TU SATU IBADAH. DON'T CREATE ANOTHER BAD IMPRESSION ABOUT GOVT HOSPITAL. JUST IMAGINE YOU'RE AT THEIR PLACES,IN THEIR SHOES, WITHOUT ANY MEDICAL KNOWLEDGE..SETENGAH TU ORG KAMPUNG.
MANA LA NAK FAHAM WHAT'S GOING ON.
HIDUP NI IBARAT SATU BULATAN, KITA TAK TAU BILA KITA AKAN BERADA DI TEMPAT PATIENTS TUH...

Anonymous said...

sabar kak el, banyak pahala sabar tu :)
saya x sampai mesia lagi, in two weeks, insyaallah. can't wait! boleh laa lawat baby kak el... :)

drnehar said...

Assalamualaikum
Suddenly, this particular entry got so many comments, eh???

Edward OTT:How come your name is Edwars and you are a muslim, if you don't mind me asking... :)

nicnacks:Selamat pulang ke Malaysia... Pandai2 la sesuaikan diri kat sini...

Bayu Pagi:InsyaAllah.

Anonymous:Terima kasih atas nasihat yang diberi. My husband dah bebel dah jugak. :D Anyways, this is just a reminder for those who read my blog...Please do not repeat the same attitude towards doctors at government or any hospital. We have so many patients with every minute, there is one/two/three/four/etc patients to be seen at one time!!!And every patient who came to us needs STAT attention. We try to give our best but... I am a human being also...

HuDa:Memang banyak pahala sabar tu. That day rasa nak demam kut, tu yang tetiba meletup!!! :D Terletup dlm blog. hehe. InsyaAllah, june baru baby nak tubik! hehe